BPRS Chicago is seeking an intern to serve as a social media coordinator for our digital and social properties. This coordinator will serve as the front and back end of our brand voice, creating and curating content and updating it on the various platforms.
On-the-job training with the BPRS Chicago board members will help this intern to master the skills of coordinating social media properties in one brand voice. At the end of this 12-week internship, the intern will have learned and developed social media management skills integral to his or her career in PR.
An ideal candidate will be a current student majoring in marketing, journalism or public relations who is adept at social media and passionate about staying up-to-date on industry news and views.
- Be passionate about digital media (a strong digital presence is preferred)
- Possess outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Have technical proficiency in social media platforms, content management and website maintenance – or be willing to learn quickly
- Be organized, paying strong attention to detail
- Have your own computer and reliable internet connection
- Be able to work autonomously
- Spend at least five hours each work week (M-F) managing the BPRS Chicago digital communities
- Be available for 30 minutes to one hour each week to check in with board members
What you’ll do:
- Draft and edit digital content including Tweets, Facebook posts, LinkedIn blurbs and discussions, and website articles and blogs
- Provide suggestions of news and content to Retweet, post to Twitter and Facebook and post on the BPRS Chicago website
- Update and maintain the BPRS digital and social properties including, but not limited to website, Facebook group, LinkedIn group and Twitter
- Spend 5 hour each week managing the BPRS digital communities
- Check in with appointed BPRS board members at least once per week
Please send resumes to Tiasha Stevenson: email@example.com