This is learning and engagement for all levels. Whether you’re entering your first job, transitioning from another profession, or a mid- or senior-level communicator, the conference is designed to provide you with insights, skills, and networking opportunities to take you to your next level.
You will learn:
- How PR strategists help newsmakers to deliver quote-worthy messages
- Hiring secrets from top recruiters controlling the gateway between you and Fortune 500 companies
- Strategies for building successful PR consulting practices in niche markets
- Shifts being made by social media platforms that will energize your PR strategies and job hunt
- How crisis communicators strategically move their clients out of the line of fire
- Strategies used by top executives to navigate the political complexities of corporate and agency worlds and break through glass ceilings
Here’s just a peek of what we’re planning:
Thursday, October 27, 2016
303 W. Wacker Drive
Calling all non-profit organizations and community leaders! You’re invited to a daylong workshop on Thursday, October 27, to learn strategies for communicating during a crisis. Crises gaining national attention—such as Black Lives Matter, the Flint Water Crisis, the Orlando massacre, Dallas sniper attacks—require organizations and community leaders to unite. What happens next is in your hands…how will you respond? Learn strategies to ensure you and your organization are called upon as an expert, your message is being heard, and the media gets it right.
8:30 a.m. Registration / Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Opening Remarks.
9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Police and PR – Empowering police, community relations, and communications
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Lunch
12:30 pm –2:30 p.m.
- Small Business and African American Contractors, Advocacy & Diversity & Arbitration
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Presidential PR and 2016 Presidential Vote
- Social Media Strategies for Community Groups and Nonprofits
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Meet and Greet Reception (Invitation only)
Meet our keynote speakers, presenters, and sponsors
Friday, Oct. 28
200 East Randolph Drive, 80th Floor, Aon Center, Aon
8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Registration
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. – Up Close and Person – Covering the White House
Award-winning journalist April Ryan shares insights and perspectives on covering the White House since 1987, particularly the historic presidency of Barack Obama.
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Getting a job, keeping a job and rising through the ranks into senior management.
- Senior Level
- Mid Career
- Entry Level
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Here’s your chance to learn from leading executives who will provide strategic insights, case studies and strategies on the following subjects.
- Social Media
- Sports & Entertainment
- Global PR
12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Network Awards Luncheon
2:45 P.M. – 3:35 P.M.
A conversation with senior executives of major PR firms to discuss strategies for success in the industry, how digital media and diversity is affecting their strategies.
3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Playing to Win Sessions
A series of fast-paced talks on best practices, tips and tricks
We’re bringing in experts so that you learn from the best.
- Education & Development
- Crisis Communications
- Storytelling (in print, online, on air, via social)
5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Getting In, Moving Up, Making a Difference
Wrap up session with leading change management executive